December 31, 2008

Martian Robots from Mars



For Character Development, we were assigned to design a toy.. I made a robot with multiple personalities. I imagined that the smaller the head, the more psychotic the bot, where the black head would be like zombie bots, and the skull heads would be psychotic (not really kid friendly, I suppose, I was thinking more along the lines of designer vinyl toys).



After the initial design we had to make something to go with it: a toy, a poster, packing, etc. I made a toy and a poster (but the poster is the only thing finished so far). I imagined the scenerio for my robots to be something like Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles. Only instead of aliens they are robots, and instead of dying out, the robots fight back and try to destroy all Mars bound humans.

No comments: